L&M Traffic Services Pty Ltd (formerly Temville Pty Ltd), was founded in 1985. All types of Traffic Signal Installation works were performed by the Company and in 1996, it was decided to formally incorporate the company as L&M Traffic Signals Pty Ltd. The business maintained a successful operation until 2004 when the then owner, decided to divest his business and move towards retirement.
A new management group was then formed to purchase the business with the sole intention of gradual expansion and lifting the profile of the LMTS brand in the industry.
The LMTS name was again incorporated in February 2005 under new ownership with a full time working General Manager and Director, Mr. Allan McConnell. The business was strategically relocated to Dandenong South to service the substantial growth in the South East corridor of Melbourne. It was decided to extend the working boundaries of the business to all areas of Melbourne, this would provide all current and future clients with the flexibility they required regarding tendering and executing project works. The Company could also better service the ongoing requirements of the regional VicRoads offices in Sunshine and Burwood.
By 2006/2007 LMTS were successfully executing installation works for multiple clients across Melbourne, in addition to providing ongoing annual maintenance of Traffic Signals for various Councils in the eastern corridor of Melbourne, namely Whittlesea, Maroondah, Manningham, Boroondara, Glen Eira, Dandenong, Frankston and Mornington.
Reported annual turnover in 2004 was $2M, with the new organisation annual turnover within the Company grew to $7M by 2008/2009. EBIT has been consistent with growth over the past eight (8) year of operations.
2020 – NEW OWNERSHIP
In October 2020 LMTS was acquired by its new owners, ‘Traffic Technologies Ltd’ to align and expand on their traffic services portfolio and maintenance capabilities. Traffic Technologies Ltd (TTI), Managing Director Con Liosatos said, “The acquisition of the L&M business is an exciting time for the Company enabling TTI to further develop its maintenance business in Victoria and strengthen TTI’s relationships with local councils serviced by L&M. Strategic benefits will include the enhanced ability to vertically integrate TTI’s current product portfolio and more importantly to integrate our proprietary “Smart City Solution” TST into L&M’s existing maintenance contracts giving councils real time information in order to make informed decisions on their assets enabling comprehensive Smart City capability.”
Key advantages with the services offered by L&M Traffic Services Pty Ltd are as follows:
- Oldest Signal Contractor currently operating in Victoria (Twenty Eight years).
- VicRoads Pre Qualification Level of STS2, STCE and Restricted STCV
- Strong working relationships with VicRoads Metropolitan South East and Metropolitan North West
- Strong working relationships with major and medium sized Road Contractor Groups
- Strong working relationships with numerous Metropolitan Councils
- Relationships with Emergency Services, namely CFA and Ambulance Victoria
- Use of new technologies to reduce the environmental impact, ie Solar Power and Radio Controlled Systems
- Long term experienced Technicians and Tradesman
- Inhouse resources and experience to successfully complete full civil works for Signal Installations
- The ability to successfully complete turn key projects for clients from values of $10,000.00 to $1,000,000.00