OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY
L&M Traffic Signals Pty Ltd recognises its moral and legal responsibility to provide a safe and healthy work environment for employees, contractors, customers and visitors. We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees and to fulfilling our obligations to comply with the Victorian Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004, as well as a culture demonstrating continuous improvement.
L&M Traffic Signals Pty Ltd will:
- Provide safe plant and systems of work
- Provide written procedures and instructions to ensure safe systems of work
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements and current industry standards
- Provide information, instruction, training and supervision to employees, contractors and customers to ensure their safety
- Provide support and assistance to employees.
Management is accountable for implementing this policy and is responsible for:
- The provision and maintenance of the workplace in a safe condition
- Involvement in the development, promotion and implementation of health and safety policies and procedures
- Training employees in the safe performance of their assigned tasks
- The provision of resources to meet the health and safety commitment
Employees are to:
- Follow all health and safety policies and procedures
- Report all known or observed hazards to their immediate supervisor or manager
Application of the Policy
This policy is applicable to L&M Traffic Signals Pty Ltd in all its operations and functions including those situations where employees are required to work off site.
The organisation is committed to consultation and co-operation between management and employees. The organisation will consult with employees in any workplace change that will affect the health and safety of any of its employees.